The Santa Cruz County Regional Occupational Program (ROP) provides students with the opportunity to acquire academic, career and technical skills and to prepare for life-long learning and success in the changing workplace.
Our Core Values
- Customer Service
- Quality Instructors
- Workplace Learning
- Visionary Leadership
- Supportive Environment
- Affordable Career Training
- Powerful and Relevant Curriculum
- Business and Community Partnerships
High Achievement for all students
- All ROP Students produce a Career Portfolio.
- All ROP Students receive a Certificate of Completion.
- All ROP 12th graders and Adults either go on to further education, or get a job related to their training.
- All ROP students participate in at least one of the following; an internship, a job shadow, a career related field trip, or a career panel presentation.
- All ROP classes address technical and career skills for success in the workplace and continuing education.
- All ROP classes reinforce basic academic skills through applied learning experiences.
Safe and appropriate environments
- On all High School Campuses, ROP; is a positive program, responds to school requests, is a good partner in education, communicates well, is visible on campus, assists with school to career activities, has a positive affect on the school climate, and is an integrated part of student academic and career education.
- All ROP Teachers and Counselors have sufficient equipment, materials and support they need to reach their program goals.
- All ROP students and parents recommend their ROP class to other students.
Efficient, effective operations
- All ROP Teachers, Counselors, and Staff align their yearly goals to match our Mission Statement, Core Values, Organizational Goals.
- All office staff, counselors, and administrative roles, and duties are identified and clearly communicated to all stakeholders.
Partnering for quality results
- All ROP Teachers have an active advisory committee in each of their subject areas.
- All ROP Teachers collaborate at least once a year with teachers teaching the same class.
- ROP has positive involvement and actively supports its key communities. (i.e. Santa Cruz County Correctional Facilities, Workforce Santa Cruz County, Department of Vocational Rehab, Cabrillo College, Homeless Education Project, Workforce Investment Board, Your Future Is Our Business, Tech Prep, The County Office of Education, Coastal and State ROP, Adult Education, Alternative Education, The Ladders Project, etc.)
Leadership for Positive Change
- All high school students in Santa Cruz County are aware of their ROP class opportunities and encouraged to participate.
- All curriculum is updated and certified on a three year cycle, as well as being online.